Bringing the HLC Message Home
HLC is a leading voice for improving healthcare and our Regional Advocacy Program ensures that voice is heard throughout the country. HLC’s six regional directors and their respective Health Leadership Teams have achieved incredible success since the program’s inception, with over 4,500 meetings, site visits, town halls, roundtables, and other activities.
In-District Meetings with Members of Congress
- Annually coordinates over 200 in-state opportunities
- Held close to 60 advocacy meetings in 2020, half of which were with members on key committees of health jurisdiction
- During the first quarter of 2021, hosted nearly 50 virtual advocacy meetings held
These activities aid in forming relationships among congressional members, candidates, HLC members, and the DC health policy community; providing opportunities to discuss ideas and vision for healthcare.
- Coordinated roundtables and coffee and conversations with over 110 members of Congress and candidates, during the last 10 years
- In 2020, HLC held 10 coffee and conversations with members of Congress
Cornerstones of HLC’s regional advocacy efforts are the HLC Candidate and New Member Orientation Programs. Developing relationships with lawmakers early in their careers is advantageous when they become committee and caucus leaders and are well apprised of HLC’s priority issues.
- 70 candidate meetings held in 2020
- All new member of Congress healthcare positions obtained before elected
- HLC priority issues discussed with a dozen freshman members during the
first quarter of 2021
HLC has one of the most comprehensive regional advocacy programs in the healthcare industry. As experts in the field, regional directors are instrumental in advocating for HLC health policy priorities while simultaneously engaging in local efforts such as honoring numerous congressional members, healthcare organizations, and community programs.
- The Redefining American Healthcare Award has been bestowed upon seven community programs thus far. The Award draws attention to initiatives that demonstrate an increase in quality and efficiency of care through a patient-centered approach
- HLC hosted a national, as well as several regional, Going Below the Surface community forums to broaden and improve the conversation around how healthcare resources are used in the United StateRecruited cosponsors for, and educated congressional offices on, legislation and issues of importance to HLC’s membership
For more information on the HLC Regional Advocacy Program and how it can be a resource in your congressional district, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 202-449-3441